There is a lot to think about when appraising your air conditioning needs, so we’ve put together this useful checklist of points to consider when reviewing your existing air conditioning.
- How long do you plan to stay in the building and if it’s leased, what will the landlord allow you to change? In multi-tenanted buildings a common system may serve more than one occupier, so some thought should be given to the consequences of any proposed alterations.
- How many people will the space need to occupy and how is the space laid out? Are there plans to increase the number of occupants or change the layout in the future? This will all affect how you should plan for your air conditioning solution.
- Can the existing equipment be modified to meet your current and future needs? What sort of air conditioning does the building currently have and how old is it? Some older systems may still use refrigerant R22, which may mean that your systems are irreparable and replacement may be the only option.
- Will the premises be occupied when carrying out any modifications or replacement? If out of hours working is required, then this will need to be factored into the overall budget.
- Could modifications or installation of new air conditioning equipment be carried out as part of a planned refurbishment of your premises? This is the ideal time to consider any changes or updates to your equipment and could result in significant cost savings.
- Modern HVAC systems are usually much more energy efficient than their legacy counterparts and run cost analysis can demonstrate an attractive return on investment.
- New equipment also comes with manufacturer warranties of up to 5 years.
- Depending on the final choice of equipment, a new system may benefit from Enhanced Capital Allowance and additionally there are numerous finance options available to help spread the cost.
At Advantage, we have been designing, installing and maintaining air conditioning systems for the last 20 years and have built a solid reputation based on quality and service. For all your air conditioning requirements, simply get in touch.